Saturday 31 March 2012

Back after a break

Been a while...

No deep meaningful input for tonight, just an update. Just been ticking over since exams, went to a warehouse rave, my first time, finished at about 6am which was awesome spent the last 2 hours coming down in the seating "death" area but other than that it was pretty decent. Otherwise winding up for the next set in a month or so which is absolutely ridiculous. They just come around disgustingly quickly and before you know it another year has been completed and you're another year closer to the world of work and real responsibility. I've stopped kidding myself that I'm going to write an entry whilst actually at college as i'm just too high too much of the time, don't get me wrong I fucking love it and there's not many places I'd rather be but whilst I'm there I feel almost compelled and that means I'm in no position to write; too relaxed with too little motivation. Speaking of real work I've got a job as an engineer which is incredible...I'll be starting sometime this  year - earning real money which should be nice and taking a year out of college to experience adults who aren't in the bubble that I call college life.

In fact, where I live it seems as if people don't understand how small a pond they're swimming in - I'm not saying I know how big a pond the world is because nobody really can but living in a capital city most of your life you get a good idea. They strut about like everyone wants to know them and talk like what they have to say is the law however the reality is that they have their friends who're also in the bubble they have their parents who make no attempt to burst the bubble and they have girls at clubs who're even more sheltered and "bubble'd" than the guys who're trying to chat them up. None of them have any substance, all of them think they're god's gift to the world and very few of them will make it anywhere and that's not a problem for them because mediocrity in life is what they're gunning for. It's in 10 to 15 years when those of us who're awake to the ways of the world, those of us who know what's going on, those of us who know what we want and know how to get it, those of us who're presented with these mindless morons on a daily basis and lie, manipulate and coerce your way around them in order to achieve something who will be employing these idiots in the future and will be managing their skills, or lack thereof, to complete projects to deadlines. I'm also not saying that everyone is like that because, as I consider myself a good judge of character, I've found a good group of guys who aren't as clueless as everyone else and on the most part are on the same page; nothing to do with intelligence or booksmarts. I was going to provide an example but I fear i'm going on too long - I lie, the example I was thinking of doesn't tie in well enough to be worth mentioning and I wanted to finish this entry but I guess that in itself is an example of what I'm talking about.


At home now though so expect a few posts in the next few weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment